Dancing isn’t just for adults, it is an extremely helpful and beneficial activity forkids for several reasons. Some of the reasons to start your child in dance early include:
- Physical Health benefits; dancing regularly is one of the best aerobic workouts. Overall health can improve with just 30 minutes of dance a few times a week. Dance for kids can help with muscle strength and development as well as help those with weight issues.
- Social benefits; dance is a highly social activity, some of which require high levels of cooperation and so dance creates an opportunity to learn to cooperate, make new friends, help lessen shyness or social anxiety issues. It also helps teach kids about commitment, especially if it is a regularly scheduled and attended activity. It is also a great way to prevent and alleviate any fears of working with or performing in front of others.
- Educational benefits; the focus, dedication and discipline that is required to participate in and succeed at dance set the stage for a great educational experience and academic success. It is a great way to create a sense of commitment and dedication.
- Better Self Esteem; dance is a great way to allow kids to blow off steam, learn about and express themselves and help improve self awareness and self esteem overall, creating a better “head space” and improved sense of self overall.
Dance is part of some curricula in educational institutions, so kids may be exposed to it in school, but it is also offered by several studios, independent teachers and community groups depending on your wants, your child’s wants as well as other factors such as budget. There are also many types of dance such as hip hop, ballet, contemporary, that are great options for kids and younger adults just starting out.
Taking dance lessons or learning to dance with your partneris a great way to enhance your connection romantically. For those who have been together for long periods of time, it serves as a great way to keep the flame and connection alive and strong. For those who may be new to dating or even those on a first date, dance is a great way to get to know someone and to establish a strong connection through body movements and the expression and closeness that dance offers.
Dance also offers a way for couples to express themselves which can help with communication and the deep level of communication and understanding.
In addition, it is a great way to get fit together and stay active in a creative and unique way that also will keep your heart, head and body happy and healthy.
Another benefit is simply the ability to dance. The skill can come in handy at parties, events and especially at your future wedding.
There are many types of dance you can try as a couple:
- Ballroom dance
- Salsa Dance
- Contemporary dance
- Cha cha cha
- Hip Hop
The benefits of dance span beyond just physical benefits and advantages. There are benefits for you socially and mental as well, some of which include:
- Sense of community; dancing regularly and participating in dance classes or even a dance troupe, you will make new friends and create a sense of community which can be a great way to keep a healthy balance in your life.
- Stress reduction; dancing has proven to help reduce stress and anxiety as it stimulates your brain and serves as a way to relax and unwind. It helps manage stress which physically can also help with blood pressure, cholesterol,and reduce the likelihood and risks of issues or complications such as heart issues, stroke, etc.
- Pride; performing and mastering any sport brings a great sense of pride and joy and with dance, there is an opportunity to perform and express oneself with the option to do so in front of others or keep it a personal experience.
- Travel and learning; learning new types of dance give insight into other cultures and communities which is a great way to learn about other people and their cultures.
Dancing is a cultural and social activity that is practiced in cultures and countries all over the world and it is an activity that some even treat as a competitive sport, but did you know that it is also a fitness activity? There are many types of fitness dance classes some of the most popular include:
- Jazzercise; this dance class incorporates Pilates, yoga, kickboxing and strength training with the rhythm, choreography and beat of dancing. The choreography is not just dance moves, but also body weight exercise and sometimes also incorporates resistance bands and weights as well. It is high intensity and the intense combination of bodyweight training with cardio make it a calorie burning powerhouse.
- BARRE; Unlike what you may think of when you think of traditional dance fitness classes, barre classes aim to isolate muscles through holding and extending different positions. You will find some similarities and influences of Pilates, yoga and strength training. This workout is also a great strength and flexibility builder.
- Pole dancing; there is sometimes a stigma, and not necessarily a positive one associated with pole dancing. Pole dancing, however, is offered at many fitness cubs and there are even some fitness studios dedicated entirely to pole dancing. This is a great way to burn calories and build impressive body strength.
- Zumba; an upbeat full body workout, and a fun way to shed fat and burn calories. The music is upbeat, and the moves are not overly complicated, making it easy for those of all fitness levels to enjoy and partake in. Zumba is also a popular past time, it is easy and affordable to sign up for, once or on a regular basis.
There are many types of dance, most of which are great options for physical exercise and movement and a great way to stay healthy and keep your heart rate up. One of the other main benefits of dance is its ability to increase your flexibility and agility. Some types of the dances that you can try to help improve your flexibility drastically include:
- Ballet; the movements in ballet require a high level of technicality and isolation of muscles and body parts and stretching of different muscles.
- Latin Dance; Latin dance can help you loosen up your hips and lower body. It is a great way to get your body to move in ways that you may not have thought possible.
- Hip hop; Hip Hop requires you to get on and off the floor, helping increase your agility and flexibility.
There are dance options to help with everything from injury recovery to regaining range of motion after injury. It is also a great way to increase agility for other sports too, like soccer and football, where light feet and quick movements are a key requirement for success.